Thursday, March 19, 2009

brandy is not dandy!

So, for many years I've had this fantasy that brandy was a delicious, sweet, thick, comforting drink. People lazing by the fireplace, sticking their noses into ridiculously large glasses of pure idle delight. That was what I expected in my snifter. But I never tried it. So when I found myself in a liquor store yesterday (just an expression, I didn't wake up on the floor of the ABC store), I bought some. I was perusing the teeny tiny bottle section, as is my wont, and I got very excited when I saw a teensy bottle of brandy! I bought it with great expectations, but when I tried it later that night--whoo boy! That was some nasty stuff! I think it can remove nail polish, no problem. It was not delicious, sweet, thick or comforting! Maybe brandy tastes good if you are freezing to death and happen upon a friendly, keg toting St. Bernard, or if you've just stumbled out of a London downpour in a Dickens novel. I hope I never find myself in circumstances that would make brandy appealing.

P.S. Does this mean that travelling in a coach-and-four would be in anyway uncomfortable?

1 comment: