Monday, March 2, 2009

dad-GUM-it!

This morning I committed my worst housekeeping atrocity to date. Sure, in the past there have been rooms full of suds ala Peter Brady and once a number of fire trucks sped to my apartment with sirens blaring, but in those situations the clean-up was easy-paesy. The fireman actually cleaned up most of the Nacho Inferno of '89. So far, I haven't really had to take too much responsibility for my ineptitude.

This time, I've really done it! I washed and the proceeded to dry a pair of my pants with a whole pack of gum (green gum) in the pocket. Now, my dryer looks like it belongs to the Jackson Pollack estate and I have to figure out a way to de-gum up the works.

Of course, I headed to the internet. The first thing I tried, heating the dryer up and wiping with a dryer sheet, might have worked if it was only one piece of gum. But it just couldn't handle the volume. My second attempt involved orange scented Goo Gone. Better, but still not up to the task of removingf twenty-something pieces of gummy goodness from the dryer drum. Next, I'm trying Simple green and a Scrubby. Following that, I'm giving up gum and buying a clothesline.

I guess it really does pay to check out those pockets before throwing the clothes in the wash. Usually the most exciting thing I find in the dryer is some freshly laundered money.

MKR

No comments:

Post a Comment