Saturday, February 28, 2009

KISS and makeup

Comet and I are going to a matinee of Suessical with my cousin Fancy and her seventeen year-old son, GQ, and truth be told, I was feeling a bit drab and I decided to wear a little makeup. I haven't worn makeup since my wedding seven years ago, but I decided I needed a little "collah." Of course, the makeup I am wearing is at least seven years old or older. I didn't put on much mind you, but I think the mascara wand had a life of it's own! Now I have little spider leg eyelashes and I feel oddly pale and my lips seem too pinky. The truth is I always end up feeling like I'm in drag when I dabble in girliness. Fancy, who is glamorous and knows her eyeliner from a hole in the ground, will have to come to my rescue.

I'm going to give Fancy a multiple choice quiz when she arrives. Two questions:

1. Do I look a.) great, b.) like a sad clown or, c.) like Gene Simmons on the KISS reunion tour?

2 Do you a.) think there is hope for me, b.) think there is help for me, c.) think we have time
for me to scrub this crap off?

Oh, how I enjoy being a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment