Thursday, August 13, 2009

Like Buttah!

I saw Julie & Julia last night and really enjoyed myself. Of course, the Meryl Streep/Julia Child part more fun than the Julie Whoever/Amy Whatsername part! You had a legend playing a legend versus a somewhat regular person played by a new-to-me actress! Yes, the Julie character was a trifle self-absorbed, but I can tell you, working in a cubicle is dull and when people call and yell at you most of the day, it's stressful, to boot. A girl needs an outlet whether it's making a perfect poached egg or crying over an aspic tragedy. I felt that both actresses played their parts well. And Stanley Tucci as Julia's husband, Paul Child was all that and a scoupcon of pomme frittes!

I have to say, though, what really what stole the show for me was all of that gorgeous butter. Big chunks of butter sizzling in a pan, soft butter being rubbed onto chicken before roasting, pounds of expensive-looking butter stacked in Julie's fridge. If I could have all the butter I wanted and not get fat or die of butter clogged arteries, I'd be one happy, happy, greasy lady! When I go, encase me in butter and slide me to heaven!

1 comment:

  1. As a vegetarian it must've been difficult watching some of the action!

    ReplyDelete