Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"Wanton Soup" and "Of "Rats and Me"

Wanton Soup:

Ever try to talk to a five year-old, build dinosaurs and write up an order for Chinese food for dinner? You'll find that certain things are not on the menu! "I'll have the wanton soup, the loooooowwww mein, and the twice cooked "pork" (wink, wink)." Sometimes I think my sanity and admittedly poor ability to attend to details are returning as my boy grows up. Sometimes, not so much.

Of Rats and Men:

So, during Saturday's vermin extravaganza at a local pet store, Comet was thoughty enough to suggest that we pick up a few "real fur" mice for our cats DoDo and Mz. P. For the uninitiated, these are cat toys fashioned from the skin of an unfortunate rabbit and stuffed with cardboard with a dash of catnip for pizzazz. Most cats love 'em!

We brought them home andticipating wild feline frolic. Our indoor/outdoor cat, Dodo "Scourge of Rodentia," knocked them around a bit. If I couldn't tell she was a bit unimpressed and a little annoyed, she showed me by bringing a LARGE.DEAD.RAT home and laying it on the hall carpet. "This is what I think of your toys! THIS is what you should bring home from the pet store!"

I am usually the "whole dead rodent" detail at the house, leaving partial rodents, odd excretions, dead birds and anything that is still alive when it crosses the threshold to Gameguy. But I could tell that Ratty had heft and I don't do heft, so Gameguy to the rescue! Of course, he had to take many photos with his iphone before disposing of the creature. Someday, I'll learn to post photos and then we're all in for a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment